Friday, June 20, 2014

2 weeks post-op, again!

I have plenty of physical restrictions, but they're temporary.

I saw my Dr. yesterday for my first follow-up visit, and am disappointed at longer restrictions than I expected, but he's the boss of me in this case! I can't drive, I have to continue to use the walker, and to wear the daggone leg thingie at night. It looks like this:
hip replacement leg apparatus
what I wear at night
It keeps me from rolling over or crossing my legs, which could dislocate my new hip joint.

I also reread my first several posts here when I was post-op my first THR 4 years ago, and saw that I hurt myself by doing too much.
So I'll play it super safe this time.
I did get rides to classes this week, and it was awkward and tiring, but I enjoyed being '"in belly dance class" again, so very much!
Some students will be over tonight to prepare for the Hafla that's happening next week as well. This is my medical expenses fundraiser. I already owe way more than I've raised through donations... but I'll continue to be optimistic and hope for the best.

Can YOU share my fundraising site with your network? Maybe there's an Angel out there for me: Anthea's Hip
If you're near Fredericksburg, VA you're more than welcome to come enjoy the evening with us and experience a real belly dance party with drumming, dancing, games and a raffle. If you can't come yourself, please tell your friends:
Anthea's Hip Hafla - fundraising event:
Saturday June 28, 4 - 7pm.Kabab City Restaurant
10681 Spotsylvania Ave, Fredericksburg, VA 22408
Any donation for a ticket: Hip Hafla ticketshttp://www.eventbrite.com/e/antheas-hip-hafla-tickets-11949989741
Facebook event: Hip Haflahttps://www.facebook.com/events/649860251769039/

Anthea Kawakib
- End of Post -
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

No comments:

Post a Comment