Thursday, July 9, 2015

into the HIP SWING of things!

So now I'm over a year with the newest hip! It's doing well - though this leg is a bit shorter now; it's noticable to me but doesn't seem to cause any problems so far.
After the rehab stage, and getting my feet wet in public performances with my group, I've continued getting back into shape on my own by teaching dance classes, and doing odd jobs (mostly outside) in the realm of "farm maintenance" for a nearby horse riding facility. This is really my favorite work, though I can't do more than a couple of hours at a time.
horse and rider
horse shows are fun too! 
Stamina disappears when your hip hurts too much to do anything, and I had years of limping and suffering. So now those years of muscle atrophy are being remedied with exercising, dancing, and riding lessons. Mounting continues to be the hardest thing to do with the new hip so I'm motivated to get my leg strong enough to mount with ease. What's my plan? Well, I have a dance for that! Inshallah, we'll be working on that number soon in class.
Of course, my PRISM Dancers' scheduled shows give me an extra reason to rehearse and keep my skills improving. The side-step with shimmy continues to be a challenge so of course I included it in a couple of new numbers for good measure!
Next week I'm returning to the downtown Fredericksburg stage with a new solo! How freaking exciting is that! It's almost too exciting at this point - but somehow I'll get through it and be happy while I'm doing it too.
This particular show, "Reflections On The Veil" is going to be outstanding - all veil numbers - even just entering with veil a la Egyptian style counts! Definitely a show to remember; plus a flea market to start the evening, so that's extra fun. We are SO looking forward to it! I hope to see many local F'burgians in the crowd.
Cheers!
Anthea Kawakib

- End of Post -
~~~~~~~~~~~

No comments:

Post a Comment