Thursday, June 24, 2010

10 weeks post-op

and all's swell....
Saw the Dr. on Monday & turns out he actually meant late July & August for dancing & horseback riding.... so OK, whatever. This is because bellydancing is hip-intensive; if it were regular dancing I could start earlier. And as far as the horses go, it's not the riding it's the dismounting that's the issue. So I'll just be playing with the horses until then, grooming, hand-grazing, maybe a little groundwork soon I hope...

I did go to the barn & muck out one stall last week and this week, and was amazed at how quickly I got tired. This week I actually did push one wheelbarrow up the ramp to dump it, and that was just on the edge of do-ability. So I have a good sense of my limitations at this point.

Am supposed to keep doing all the physical therapy exercises until Xmas! wow -

I made sure to keep my butt in the seat last night in bellydance class... Thanks to what happened last week, I had to use the cane for several days after that so I need to be in less of a rush to get back into the swing of things.

One fun thing I've done is let myself do another song, since I couldn't dance or ride.... and of course it's a song about wanting to dance & ride again! LOL I just put an excerpt up on Reverbnation, because I'm still cleaning up the single for release:
Let Me Dance (excerpt)

So back to the Dr. in a couple of months..... and he'd better not grab my hip like he did this week - OW!! Must've been some kind of test...

No comments:

Post a Comment