Wednesday, June 22, 2011

getting LOTS of exercise :)

Wow! a LOT of dancing and horseriding lately...
I'm bringing back an old choreography that needs advanced dancers, my Tambourine Dance to John Bilezikjian's Hezy Yana Waim. What a great song! I love the dance too, it's intense... a couple of my upper level students and I will do it at our Recital in July, I'm really looking forward to it!

All five of my classes are focused on Recital now, so we're cramming in all the choreography review and Tribal Odyssey polishing we can at each class. It's great how deadlines get students' attention!
We're starting extra rehearsals next week so it'll add even more to the routine.

This past week I had a great time riding, rode Reecie Friday, Champagne on Sunday, and Missy yesterday. They're the best! All so sweet & responsive. I'm really focusing on getting my legs on, doing two-point in the trot, and posting while keeping my legs & upper body in position. Missy and I did a little cavaletti work yesterday, but it was so freaking hot & humid we only rode for about 20 minutes. I think it was 90 degrees with matching humidity - at 7pm!

No comments:

Post a Comment