Tuesday, April 27, 2010

almost two weeks since surgery

Dr. took the staples out yesterday then (or rather the nurse did), then told me no driving for another month. Bummer. Other than that things are going great, physical therapists coming out twice a week with new exercises each time... and pain is minimal.

Stopped taking the hydrocodone a few days ago, really didn't like the dreams or digestion issues that went with it. Tylenol Arthritis is doing me just fine. And no more blood thinner shots, did the last one today, thank goodness. I hated giving myself shots ick!

The incision is 6 inches long and curved around my hip a bit. I might upload a photo if it's not too gross to look at....

I'm getting around the house fine with a walker, just being slow and careful and following all the rules. P.T. says we're going to a crutch next week as it's better for gait readjustment.

No comments:

Post a Comment