Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Starting just a few bellydance movements...

Three nights ago I resumed (very gingerly) the chakra isolations we do in the Intermediate classes. I like to do them laying in bed before going to sleep so that's what I did. In the lower two of course I started very very small the first night, almost just mentally. Last night, the third night, I enlarged the circular isolation a bit and noticed that I felt like a "blank spot" or a missing part of the circle at the new hip joint. Interesting!

Of course no dancing per se, as the Dr. ordered, for another month at least... when I go back I'll quiz him in detail about movements done in place and see if he'll allow that. I can understand why he wouldn't want me traveling about the floor... but maybe dancing in place will be allowed.

Here's more info on using chakra isolations in bellydance:

"By performing balanced isolations at each of the 7 chakras we can stimulate, clean up, and begin regulating our energy flow." - Shakti: http://www.cinnamon-phoenix.com/manifesto.html

No comments:

Post a Comment